Monday, 1 November 2010

Day 306, on which John finally finishes the Neo-Futuron scene [1.11.10]

Dag tre hundrede og seks. Well, I have momentous news to share with you all. Remember that Neo-Futuron project? The one that was meant to start with this scene, then go into a short video, then emerge out the other side into a fully-fledged storyline. Well, that went a bit off-track because it was way too big a workload for me (and shush about Cronas 13 being a massive project), so I was left with two MOCs left that I wanted to get finished just in memory of what could have been. One of those was this small scene, and the other was a fully-lit scene which I've been calling my 'Neo-Futuron project' since. The earliest records of building it I can find date back to April, so it's been a WIP for 8 months. Which is pretty long.

Today a Bricklink order arrived in the post full of 2x2 white tiles, and the proverbial 'Neo Futuron project' is finally, finally, finished. At long last, is all I could say. And now it's done and ready to photograph. I'll tell you now; it's not particularly good. It's just that it required a lot of white tiles, which I didn't have, so after several Bricklink orders it's complete. Eight months later, all that needs doing is photographing it.

Moving swiftly on, it's the first of November, which means it's time for my monthly letter. OK, it's getting pretty complicated now, so please bear in mind: in this letter I talk to my future self (+1 month) and my past self (-1 month). You can see last month's letter here.

Dear myself,
Oh October John, you silly person. School didn't turn out that bad. Just tough for those few weeks. And, doubtless, this week too, but while I'm at the start of it I can be naïve and not think about how awful it will turn out. Besides, I finished my Pygmalion essay in the end, and got full marks for it. So up yours, history.

Out of curiosity, what book are you reading, future John? I'm pretty sure October John was reading yet another Asimov (Through a Glass, Clearly, if I recall correctly), and now I've started my programme of reading proper, classic literature. After my mixed reactions to The Catcher in the Rye, I've decided to give American literature a break and have started Sons and Lovers by D.H. Lawrence, which sadly isn't as raunchy as its title suggests.

No Hoppípolla for me now, oh no, I got over that a few weeks ago. At the moment it's all Barbra Streisand. No, not Barbra Streisand songs, but a song called Barbra Streisand, by some peeps named Duck Sauce. Will probably get tired of that too.

OK, quickly onto my responses from last month. Well, half term was swell, I must say. The funny thing is, I don't think I've mentioned it on this blog until now; I guess some people were just assuming I was doing all that stuff on a school day, which is funny. OK, that June thing. This unspoken happening which occurred in June, and I keep refering to. Well, fuck that. No chance now. I'm over it, it's over itself, metaphorically speaking. Let's wipe up the crumbs and get on with our lives. Which means less confusion for you confuzzled readers. Progress with JCiii is steady, now I have my Bricklink order I can make two more scenes, so the workload is slowly thinning for that. I should hopefully finish it in time. Hopefully. As for the Neo-Futuron project, see above; I managed to finish it right on my deadline! Ha ha, what irony. The play-in-January? Still in progress, haven't written anything yet but a story is slowly coming to me. Maybe I should do it for NaNoWriMo. I kinda haven't thought about that yet and it's just started, guh. Finally, the Brickspace pages and finished and I will get some new earphones ASAP.

There, that was easy. Now for our questions for next month. Well, I guess I'd better start with the inevitable: how's Cronas 13? How's JCiii? How's the play-in-January? Any replacement for the June-thing yet (haha you thought I'd leave that alone)? New earphones, please? Christmas must be so close to you, on the 1st December, I almost drool when I think about it so close. And, one final thing: don't panic! Just 'cause I know you will be at some point. Jeez, we should get a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, or better yet our own TV chat show. It could work out, you know. We could help sort out the benign problems of all those God-awful idiots that appear on Jeremy Kyle whilst secretly laughing at them.

Until then, we'll have to just laugh at them on Jeremy Kyle's show. Before we take over his TV spot, of course.
Much love,
~Yourself


That's all for now, folks!
~John

No comments: