Saturday, 16 October 2010

Day 289, on which John apologises for yesterday [16.10.10]

Dag to hundrede niogfirs. Well, sorry about yesterday guys. It was a bit of a squeeze, getting home, eating dinner, then popping off to my drama club thing and back again just in time for midnight. So, obviously, I couldn't write the post on time. Ah well. And also, today's post is a bit early because I must attend a social event this evening. Also I bought an awesome jacket this morning. Very cool. But I'm guessing no one really cares about that.

Since I'm still at a blogging low point, here's a quick overview of one of my most recent Lego tablescraps for you to skim-read. Also, I'm 11 days off the big 300! No more hundred-day anniversaries to celebrate after that; it's right on until 365! Yippee!


So this latest meh is called 'Quadbike tablescrap', and it basically started out as a small APC inspired by the ever-awesome Chris (IronSniper)'s work. Perhaps a ground vehicle for some unknown faction of mine, to be flanked by troops on the front line. That kinda thing.

It all started out with the wheel/axel technique, which makes use of the few legal connection points on the small steering wheel part. You stick the steering wheel in a tyre (which is quite loose, be aware), then stick the back side of a pickaxe's blade in the centre and you have a bar-diameter connection point to work with. Unfortunately, the pickaxe piece is bulky at the best of times, so it's hard to work with. Nonetheless, I managed to clip a minifig hand on the end, then stick the other side of the minifig hands into a 3L Technic circle-axle which became the foundations of the vehicle's main body.

I'll admit, the body is way too high for minifig height and that's only the start of a number of problems I have with this MOC. The underside is too blocky, too bulky, and the light bit sticks out like a sore thumb. Plus, there's no space on the back so it doesn't even do what it's meant to do: carry troops into battle.

So basically it's a fail. Whoopee.

~John

No comments: