Friday, 23 July 2010

Day 204, on which John does some acting [23.7.10]

Dag hundrede og fire. Remember last week, when I said I was the tiredest I've ever been? Well, I take that back. This is the tiredest I've ever been. And the worst thing is that I can't feel it. I'm sure that I must be on my last legs by now, but I simply don't feel tired. Overtired, yes, but not tired. Not yet. I guess I've just been so busy in the past few days that I didn't have time to notice it.


So what have I been up to? Well, some of you may know that I'm a keen actor (amongst a myriad of other interests), and like most budding actors I go to a theatre group. We have been working our butts off all week preparing, and our first performance was this evening. We even spent the whole day at the theatre preparing and sorting out our lines and costumes. One of the best things to do is, as we did, walk into town in your costumes. Lots of laughs to be had (and also annoying shopping centre staff kicking us out)!

I also managed to get myself the job of doing the publicity. Don't get me wrong; I love doing it, but it's a lot of work, especially as I needed to create twenty posters within 45 minutes. Believe me - that is hard work! It would have been much better if the actors I needed to photograph would actually turn up before an hour before the performance, which is when they sauntered in. So, I took the photos, dashed home, edited them (sorry to my computer for shouting at it; I was getting panicky), printed them out and dashed back to the theatre to put them up in time for the interval.


Jeez, it's been a llloooonnngggg day!

~John

No comments: