Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Day 188, on which John starts his run of short posts [7.7.10]

Dag hundrede otteoghalvtreds. Hmm, this is 7/7, the anniversary of the bombings in London. It's surprising how close I live to where the bombs went off, yet I wasn't that affected by it. Either it was because I was young, or it was because it seems unimportant compared to the horrors of 9/11. It was like Britain's little chance at terrorist-attack-fame, compared to America's goliath disaster. But, of course, it was still a terrorist attack and it was still scary. I guess I just have to worry about that crazy murderer up north now.

As you may know, this week is busy busy busy for me, so don't expect very lengthy or innovative posts in the next three days. School plays, film club, and various other things have meant that my time in the evenings is shortened quite a lot. But hey, I get to run the lighting for the school play, so it's not all doom and gloom.



Our art of the day comes from Mauritz. Mauritz Cornelius Escher, that is: the original MC! This 'ere piece is called Relativity, ie. gravity in relation to what way the stairs are up. Note the triangle on staircases in the middle: triangles appear a lot in Escher's work. Mind-bending situations pop up a lot too. Hence this.

I gotta catch some Zs, guys. John out.


~John

No comments: