Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Day 167, on which John makes some graphics [16.6.10]

Dag hundrede syveogtres. It feels like ages since I last made a graphic(s), so I'm really glad I got the opportunity tonight. After the aftermath of a GCSE science module exam in the morning, I think I deserved the evening off. And besides, I don't have any homework for tomorrow, so what's stopping me? No homework = something creative. I should be drawing in my Moleskine, but I really don't feel like it at the moment. The Moleskine impulse will come back to me eventually.

So, I was messing around in Fireworks with Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold, a weight of the 1970s refined version of everyone's favourite sans-serif, Helvetica. Here are a few T-Shirt ideas I had (no swiping, swiper, they'll be available online sometime soon)...

Argument Tee, a simple one. One of the first of the bunch. By the way, I am seriously considering buying some of these. Not to wear on their own; I wear plain white T-shirts under a proper shirt of some kind, so it may be interesting to add something to them and make it more interesting. However, now I think of it, I always feel a bit strange with words on my chest. Maybe without a shirt on top? With a jacket or something? Yeah, a jacket, so the text isn't so visible. Pfft, what do I know about fashion anyway?

Cube Tee, taking a quote from the best video game ever made: Portal! (scrawled on the wall of one of the previous test participant's secret hideouts) This little poem is a parody of a famous three-line poem, with the Cube (Weighted Companion Cube; the best friend you'll ever have) inserted in the middle. The idea with these T-shirt graphics is that it's all in black Helvetica Neue Condensed, with some words highlighted in colours to add variation and draw the viewer's attention to it.

I'd show you more, but I'm always wary about people stealing my ideas, and I've got some good ones. Anyways, I'll show you the others when I find another custom T-shirt site to sell them off (Caf├ępress is really awful).

~John

No comments: