Monday, 14 June 2010

Day 165, on which John continues yet again with the 'choiceline'... [14.6.10]

Dag hundrede femogtres. Urgh, GCSE. Yeuch, GCSE. Hot diggedy dang, GCSE. I knew from the moment I woke up today that I'd have a bad day, and I'm annoyingly correct. It was the first time I can remember that I really did 'wake up on the wrong side of the bed'. Luckily I didn't do that literally, which would mean smashing my head into a wall. Plus I've just had a nightmare trying to set up a channel on Mibbit IRC; and only after an hour realised the server couldn't enable bots, and I didn't own the channel. Argh!!!

So let's get on with this post.

We have now expanded our Ben example to have a secondary event for one of the primary event's outcomes. Let's expand out field of interest a bit.


So here you can see we've made a simple change to the diagram in the last post; we've extended the 'Coke' outcome of the primary event. The new outcomes are quite easy to see, as they're exactly the same as the ones for the 'Beer' outcome, only applied to Coke. Once again, the scale is changed to compensate for more stuff.

Also note that the 'Water' outcome to the primary event has been moved to the side, because it can't overlap with the third outcome of the secondary event of 'Coke'. Remember, probability is cumulative, and it's almost as if we're expanding the 'Coke' line, as if in an interactive computer program, or some such thing.

I had another diagram, but I've just realised it's wrong. I think we'll have to leave it here today, folks. I'm also quite pissed off at the moment, so I wasn't really in the mood.

~John

No comments: