Thursday, 3 June 2010

Day 154, on which John beats up GLaDOS, and she's not very happy about it [3.6.10]

Dag hundrede fireoghalvfjerds. Yippee! I beat Portal! Took a couple of pain-filled tries, but I destroyed GLaDOS and got the cake. Well, kinda. I heard that the ending of Portal was changed to accommodate for Portal 2 at the end of this year, but it seems pretty definite to me when I played it. I won't spoil the ending for you, but it's really satisfying, with a slightly eerie final note in Still Alive. Great, great ending.


Ah, Inception. I must admit, when I first saw the teaser trailer, I was hooked. Look, I thought, here's a movie which is probably a psychological thriller/sci-fi, and with a large budget. It may be a way for Leonardo DiCaprio to redeem himself after some not-so-good movies lately. I remember one film he was in, ages ago, when he played a retarded kid. Some film with Johnny Depp. 90s. He did really, really well in it. That and Titanic.

Anyways, so I thought he could redeem himself. However, as more and more trailers for Inception are released (see main one), I start to like it less and less. It's becoming an action movie, something forgettable, not the mysterious, pounding-beat teaser trailer. Whilst it's lost some of its originality, and the addition of all these different characters that make up some sort of 'Inception squad' is clich├ęd, you'll still find me in the cinema when it gets released. Who can't resist all those reality-bending special effects?


~John

No comments: