Monday, 17 May 2010

Day 137, on which John contemplates his self-image [17.5.10]

Dag hundrede og syveogtredive. Is self-image even a proper term? Bleh, who cares. You get the idea. A word is only wrong if it doesn't get across its message. 'Self-image' describes itself. And since it's more of a term than a phrase, I get let off. Phew.

Before we get onto the main topic, a couple of notes. Firstly, my Formspring page has been updated. Please feel free to ask me any question you want, anonymously if you wish. That's the point of Formspring. Find me here. There's also a quick-ask box in the sidebar if you wish to throw me a quick question. Go on, what's stopping you?

Second note is about the JOHNSPACE Facebook group. I figured I'd get it out of the way quickly, since I'm looking for ways to advertise the blog. Link is here. See, look, Like. Fanks. There's also a link in the sidebar to that.


So what is my self-image? Or rather, what do I see myself as? Like pretty much everyone else on this darn planet, I don't like myself. Well sure, I like some parts of myself. But, like everyone else, I hate my voice. Especially now, when it's filtered through God-knows-how-much cold-induced substances building up at the back of my nose and throat. But then again, people always say that it's your faults that make you you. As much as I'd like to scoff at that, I'll move on.

I am a big believer of the anti-book cover expression. That is, you most certainly can and do judge a book by its cover. How I present myself is, in some cases, more important than how I actually am once people know me or click my profile pic. I remember back when I posted for Brickspace Opinions I went on a little rant about your display pic and how it should reflect who you are. I stand by that. Display pic, username, use of grammar, photo titles, profile text, it all rubs off on the viewer. And it's these details that could mean the difference between them adding you as a contact, faving your photos and commenting, or them just turning away.

And yes, I do care about that. Feck, I need attention! Feed me!


Challenge time! Yeesh, only three more days of this. I'm sick of it. I don't think I've really worked out my blogging state yet. Considering I've got a GCSE tomorrow and exams for the next two weeks, it doesn't look like there will be much time for blog state consideration. Perhaps in half-term. Challenge for tomorrow is to do well in my GCSE. Cos, yeah. Doesn't need much 'splaining.



~John

No comments: