Saturday, 8 May 2010

Day 128, on which John enjoys life [8.5.10]

Dag hundrede og otteogtyve. Well look at that, I've changed the post titles. As you know, I've been deliberating about it for several days now, but today I said 'screw it' and ta-da, new post title format. As mentioned yesterday, we're going to stick with the "Day #, on which John ... [?.?.10]" format. Remember it's "on which" instead of "in which", as you'd say "on Day 4" instead of "in Day 4". So there.


So here's the big news of the day. TLG have announced (to TBB) the release of this Space Shuttle set in June this year. At £79.99, it's at a decent price, and it's 8¢ per part so it's not too bad. It's got new torsos, lots of dark orange an a pop-out satellite. Well what's not to like? Here's what's not to like: it's boring. Sure, it's old-skool, and it's full of neat pieces, but it's dull. There's no fleshies, only about 4 colours in the whole thing (of which black and white make up half) and three boilerplate smiling figs. Sure, my friend from TPS News may find it interesting, but I'm simply not the type to blow £80 on a space shuttle. I bought the Discovery series space rocket a couple of years ago, and that was a dull set. Whilst this looks much more interesting, I'm still not interested enough. Hmph.

Challenge from yesterday: achieved. Enjoyed today. Went out. Built NCS. Updated Crap Filter. Challenge for tomorrow: revise. I've got a damn GCSE next week! There. Done. Finished. Sleep. Now.


~John.

1 comment:

Matn said...

I agree on the shuttle.
And I added you on Facebook. Now I feel like a stalker. ;o