Friday, 30 April 2010

Day 120 (30.04.10)

Dag hundrede og tyve. OK guys, a quick post today. Its getting late, I'm tired, and I'll no doubt be shouted at for being on my computer late into the night. Oh, by the way, I've got yet another "inspired by John" pic on Flickr, this one from T>LON. Every now and then, someone new discovers the old JOHN Collection pics and faves them all, and then makes a small tribute. It's really great to see that I've inspired people.


Now you may be thinking "Oh John, how could you have gone back to chairs?", but you'd be wrong. This isn't a chair, it's a valet. They're these old pieces of furniture for holding jackets and coats; basically a coat hanger by another name. This valet is called Petalo, and it's by Eugenia Minerva. You may notice some resemblance to the no. 14 chair, because that's where Minerva's ideas of wood bending come from. It certainly does have a no. 14 vibe to it. It's simple, has clean shapes and lines (there's some Scandinavian design in there too), but I still object to the point of a valet. Why make it only hold two coats, where a coat hanger can hold ~6?

My hand hurts. No really, it does. Stings like hell. Dang carpet burn from pretending to die. No, it's called drama. Jeez, do I have to explain everything? Yes, I know I could have put something much more interesting for today's change, but I need to have a variety of emotional/mental/physical changes. So here's your token physical change. Voila.


~John

ps. Song of the day is Don't Rain on My Parade, by Glee of course!

No comments: