Sunday, 25 April 2010

Day 115 (25.04.10)

Dag hundrede og femten. Big news of the day: the UK film channel Film4 are showing two sci-fi films a night next week! Hoorah! Unfortunately, it's an 'Incredibles' season, so there's crappy fantasy stuff in there as well. I watched a bit of the AWFUL film Aeon Flux last week, as part of the season. Damn, that film way shitty. If you saw a frame, you'd think it looked good, but when you see the film 'in action' as it were, it has this really cheap, crummy feel to it. Yuck yuck yuck.


OK, here's another picture from the first part of my Neo-Futuron project. Here you can see the family that the Futura City council created as the average Earth people. These are the Johnsons. Mr Johnson (carrying all the bags, as usual), Mrs Johnson (wearing retro-1920s clothes, the fashion in 2200) and little Jake (who is hurrying his family to get a move on and get to the gate in time). You may notice that the windows are different: I originally had the two-paned window on both sides, but you couldn't see the shuttle through it because of the seam in the middle, so I had to change the left one so the poster could show the shuttle clearly. You can even see a bit of the shuttle in the background; I think I made the perspective quite well. I'll see if I can find a shot of the whole set, I'll show you that tomorrow.

This evening my head is more full of chemistry that is was this morning. I have a Mock GCSE tomorrow, as you may know, and no matter how many times they say "no cramming, especially not on the day before", that's what I do anyway. Does it help? I hope so. Is it fun? Heck no. But hey, I've got an eBay item for 40 Futuron minifigs ending next week. Should be very helpful for my project...



~John

No comments: