Saturday, 17 April 2010

Day 107 (17.04.10)

Dag hundrede og syve. Hey, guess what? I actually did something today. Went out. Saw some cousins, grandparents, all that stuff. Was fun. Ate a nice lunch. Nom nom nom. OK, enough about what I did today. That's enough personal information. Now onto boring stuff that isn't specifically related to today, because I know that's what you like!


Continuing vaguely on from yesterday's picture, we have another talk on architecture, once again courtesy of the latest issue of Wallpaper* magazine. Don't like architecture? Well, be happy that I haven't started talking about furniture yet, you know the Milan Furniture Fair is coming up next week. This building, called Walden 7, was an experimental community apartment block project back in the 70s. It's somewhere in Spain. The idea is that everyone lives with each other, and around each other. Whilst I can't say much about the ethics of it - the community idea has only barely survived through to the 'Facebook generation' - the architecture is classic Spanish work. Reminds me of some of Gaudi's crazy work. Whilst this outside may look a little blocky (it looked much better in the Wallpaper* article), the interior is a turquoise maze of bridges and pathways.

So, was hast changed today? Let me tell you, this third paragraph challenge is really tough. I guess I'm quite glum - because there's only two days left before I have to go back to school. Sure, only half the class will be there - with Iceland spewing ash over the UK, flights have been delayed several days - but it's school nonetheless. Have I achieved what I set out to do in these holidays? I had some ideas about making a chair at the start, but 2 weeks without preparation is not long enough, it seems. However, in the past few days I have worked out some 'final' designs for a flexible chair/table thingy. Perhaps in the summer holiday, I can start work on them. But, before then, I've several GCSEs to do. Oh dear.


~John

No comments: