Friday, 16 April 2010

Day 106 (16.04.10)

Dag hundrede og seks. I'm really running out of ideas for opening paragraphs, I'll have to think up something for the next 20-day challenge. I've got something sorted out for the second and third paragraphs, but the first paragraph is always a mystery, considering I don't do all that much these days (being lazy in my holidays). Maybe when the new school term starts, I'll have something more to talk about. We'll see.


Oh, the horror! Oh, the terrible blasphemy of it! They've moved one of Copenhagen's landmarks, the Little Mermaid statue (based off Hans Christian Andersen's story of the same name), to Shanghai. This is part of Denmark's part of Expo 2010, where every country in the world has a lot in a hige area in Shanghai, where they can show off their culture and sell their country to China, and each other. For Denmark's lot, they've built a massive spiral thingy (above), and they're going to place the Little Mermaid at the bottom of it. I'd hate their decision to move the statue from Copenhagen to Shanghai, but the project is being masterminded by the Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG). BIG is a Danish architecture agency, and I love anything they do. Therefore, all is forgiven if they're moving the statue. So no biggie.

How have I changed today? Hmm, since nothing much happened today, that's quite a hard question. I guess I'm annoyed. Annoyed because BIG's website won't work. Maybe it's my browser, or my internet, but I can't click on any of the logos. They used to open. It used to be an amazing site. Sob sob.


~John

No comments: