Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Day 075 (16.03.10)

Dag femoghalvfjerds. Okey dokey, it's tuesday. Kinda like monday, but a day later. Kinda like wednesday, but a day earlier. Not at all like friday. Maybe slightly similar to tuesday, but the similarities are too small to notice without further investigation. But, above all of those, tuesdays and seemingly identical to tuesdays. I think that's the most similar day. Now I feel happy, having worked that out.


Onto our picture of the day, which today comes courtesy of Flickr. This is the first MOC on my MOC list that I completed - not a good start, as you can tell. I originally built it ('it' being an airport baggage tractor, based off several source images I'll have you know) a few weeks ago, but I had to take it apart because of the white van in my Post-Apoc diorama. Luckily, I've managed to salvage this MOC (and sadly dismantle the 5-wide van), and so here are the pictures. Better late than never, as I always say. Wait a moment, I never say that... meh.

I've discovered a style that I absolutely love. Usually, I like a but of this, and bit of that... but I've discovered one I like through and through. Apart from modernism, that is. It's called De Stijl, and it's a Dutch art/design movement of the mid-20th century. No, no, NO, it's not Bauhaus. It's De Stijl. It's full of bright, primary colours and thick black lines. The most famous examples are Piet Mondrian and Gerrit Rietveld. I'll show you some of Rietveld's work tomorrow, he was the only person to build a full house in De Stijl style. It's a marvel of early 20th century architecture.


But, until then, see ya!
~John

No comments: