Sunday, 14 February 2010

Day 045 (14.02.10)

Dag femogfyrre. Oh dear, it seems it's the 14th February. That means it's Chinese New Year. And yet I feel strangely sad and useless... I don't think that could be from Chine New Year, I like dragons. Oh wait - it's Valentine's Day. OK, just because I don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean I need to be sad today. I think it just may be the tiredness. From all that coursework. Yeah, the coursework, that's it. None of this Valentine's Day lark. It's just a celebration invented by the card companies, right? Right!?

Yeesh, that was an awkward paragraph. I'll have to check up on Zack's blog and see how he handled the topic. No, not of Chinese New Year, you fool, I mean... oh, you know. That. Uh... hey, what's this? A photograph? Yeah, let's take a look at it...


You may recognize this from my Flickr 'stream. I posted it there a few months ago. But, in one of my legendary moments of boredom (which I seem to get more and more often nowadays), I decided to curve the corners and that turned into a full edit. I really like liked the pictures that my phone takes used to take. They looked all grainy, like film. It's a shame I dropped my phone onto a table and it decided to break. I've thrown it on the floor and scraped it against gravel before, but for some reason dropping it from 20cm above my dining table killed it. Now I'm stuck with some crappy Samsung thing. And I lost most of the numbers in my phonebook on my old phone.

So, a day of ups and downs but mostly downs. I have a bad feeling I should have done something - yes, I should have built something and gone out somewhere - but I should have sent something. Texted someone. Phoned someone. Dangit, I'm a wimp. I'll regret that for a whole year - it's a prime sending/texting/phoning opportunity. Alas, the day is over now. See you tomorrow, guys.



~John

4 comments:

Zack said...

That reminds me I should probably type tonight's blog post. Hmm... now how to go about that awkwardness without totally skipping over it...

Nice post John.

Matn said...

You're not alone, I think I'll also regret it. :/

John said...

Thanks, Zack - and thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one, Matn. It's great that you've found my blog... you always seem to appreciate all my MOCs.

Matn said...

Oh, I got it bookmarked, but it's been a while since I visited your blog. :)