Saturday, 6 February 2010

Day 037 (06.02.10)

Dag syveogtredive. Aaaaaand here I am, at home. All day. Got the flu. Or a cold. Something like that. Whatever it is, I feel bad. And so, stuck at home, I watched Sunshine again. This time, all the way through. No fast-forwarding (though maybe for the ad breaks), and now I understand it all a lot more. I still hate the part with the burnt man. OK, OK, I take that back. I like the editing and cinematography of it, I just hate that it's in the script. It's just there for Danny Boyle's fix of horror. Alright, enough. I've watched Sunshine twice, that's enough for a few months.

Anyway, I guess the big news of the moment amongst teenagers is the strange case of the 'new Facebook', which arrived at my browser today. I must admit I really don't like Facebook - sure, the design is good and it's good to communicate with my friends (and Karrde too, yay), but it's so dull. How can people just sit around refreshing their Recent Activity? We're warned at school that all we do is sit around on Facebook. I don't - though that may be because no one chats to me or comments on my Wall. So stuff you guys on Facebook, I'll sit around refreshing my Flickr homepage instead.

Hey, guess what - Karrde was right. I lost those eBay lots. Both of them. The first got out of my price range this morning, and I stuck with the other one until the very last moment - when some asshole outbid me in the last second. God fucking dammit. Whoever they were - the person who now has an Ice Planet 2002 set for £1.89 - is evil. Ah well, you win some and you lose some. I hereby give up on eBay. I've ordered off Bricklink instead.

Oh, what's this? A third paragraph? Well yeah, I just wanted to point out that I noticed Zack NewRight was running his own 365 project at his blog. He says he stole the idea of me, but I don't mind in the slightest. He's trialling it for a month, and he says he may then carry on for a whole year. Regardless of which one he does, I wish him the best of luck. I'll be following his blog now...




~John

No comments: