Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Day 026 (26.01.10)

Day seks-og-tyve. That's 26 to you English peoples. Anyway, enough dilly-dallying. What have I been up to today? Homework. Lots of it, as well. Art. IT. Maths. Geography. And who knows what other pieces I've forgotten? Probably something big. Something important. I've just had a couple of bad days (that problem with the JRC doesn't help either), so I'm not in the best of moods. Having to do this 365 post doesn't really brighten up my evening, to tell the truth.

So anyway, I'm looking for prints. I originally thought I'd get some of Simon C. Page's stuff, but he only has is International Year of Astronomy posters available, and they're on some American site. Then I thought I'd get Syd Mead prints, but they don't seem to be available and besides, it's not really what I'm looking for. What I am looking for is typographical stuff: nothing too gothic or punk; just something simple and typographical. Maybe some graphic design stuff, but my main aim is to get some typography posters up in my bedroom. It's just very hard to find some that is available in the UK and that fits my idea of a 'simple yet elegant' type-based poster design.


In other news, I want a pencil. No, not any pencil, this pencil by Present&Correct. It may look strange, but it's a fantastic idea. Why not have a pencil with a clip in it, like a pen? No wonder it's called the Clever Pencil. Unfortunately it costs £4.50... but it's a London-based company. And, better still, they use Rockwell [font] on their website! Maybe I should invest in a couple of these pencils...





~John

No comments: