Sunday, 24 January 2010

Day 024 (24.01.10)

Okey dokey, day 24. Like, half of 48. Double 12. Didn't I say something when it was day 12? I'm sure I muttered something about it being a dozen days, that sounds like something I'd do. So - today was a momentous occasion: I started building my Jolly Rodger Contest entry! I had to take apart my Townhouse (see previous post) for the dark bley bricks in the base, but I'd photographed it and I needed to shift it. It sucked most of my tan, light bley and dark bley bricks bricks anyway. I needed to tear into it.

So, the JRC entry. It's going badly. Seriously badly. My idea is an island with a house on it (I'm keeping it vague so you wippersnappers don't steal my ideas), and I was 'rockscaping' with dark bley on the island. It's tough work, let me say. I can't help it looking blocky, and I don't have enough slopes to do the whole thing with slopes. Luckily the water looks nice, and it is starting to look like an island, of sorts. It has a huge hole in the middle of it, which was a very bad idea of mine. I now realise I should have made it solid, because I am building into the centre with the dark bley and it's becoming very unstable. I have a bad feeling... I'm going to have to succumb to it...

That's right. I'm going to have to order from BL again. Dammit. I just spent £50 on bricks a few weeks ago, but the store I ordered from (and have ordered from for all my 4 orders so far) doesn't have any light bley bricks or slopes! So it looks like I'm going to have to look further afield and buy from a US BL store, which I don't like. But I need the light bley... and blue tiles, for that matter. I have enough money, but do I really want to spend more of it on BL? They say 'no pain, no gain' and I think the pain of not being able to buy an Apple Magic Mouse because I spent the money on BL had better give me gain, or else I give up. I've never built Pirate stuff anyway. What was I thinking??



~John

4 comments:

Zack said...

You can never have enough slopes or grey bricks. JRC? Are you 16? I'm not allowed to enter because of the forum rules.
*Sigh* well good luck...

John said...

There's forum rules? You have to be 16 or older to enter? Oh shit. I think I'll need to check those. I'm on the forums and I didn't lie about my age...

Zack said...

I had an interview set up to be on there forums about me then as soon as the age question came up I didn't feel right lying right out like that so I won't be entering...

Karrde said...

Unstable eh? On my unfinished Island project for PTV I kept losing crucial parts inside the structure of the island - which was a mess of support pillars which meant at one point I had to hold the whole Island upside down and shake it to get the pieces out, all the while praying to the gods it wouldn't separate from the baseplate!