Saturday, 9 January 2010

Day 009 (09.01.10)

Well well, it's the weekend. Strangely enough, it doesn't feel any different to me. Anyways, I haven't been up to much but I did manage to post on Brickspace and also get down to some prapr Fireworks use. Jeez, it crashed on me twice so I had to change my image size from 2200x3400 to 2000x2000 and reduce my resolution from 300 dpi to a measly 200. The graphic got done anyway, which I guess is good since it's the end result. I should really have used Photoshop, but Fireworks is much easier to use for graphics and I can use it quicker. No wonder they call it a cross between Photoshop and Illustrator.

So, it's intended to be a person's eyesight. See the RGB filters in the background? And the 'floaters' and blind spots? Well yeah, that's what it's supposed to be. Fireworks crashed twice trying to put a Gaussian blur on the big circles in the background, it was really annoying. The only real problem I have with this graphic is that lots of people may not 'get it' - then again, I don't really care. Remove the text and you lose the focus of it - I don't do abstract 'less is more' stuff. It's just bullcrap.

This video, my friends and readers, is just amazing. It does start off slow, and yes I know that - even for me - 12 minutes is a bit too long to be sitting around watching dollies of architecture. But please, stick with it, and if you have to skip to halfway and watch it from there. It's fantastic. But is it CGI? Is it real? It can't be! No, it must! Your brain will literally tear itself apart. Then, once you've found out and you need some proof, see this.


~John

No comments: