Saturday, 25 April 2009

Herring!

It's time for a big ol' update again. Ah well.

Just recently I was fiddling around with new banner designs for the JVK blog, Jåm!. Then, on thursday,a boy in my class was talking about Denmark (his grandmother is Danish), and he said they eat a lot of Herring. So that sparked my creativity and Herrings prevailed in the new Jåm! banner idea. Firstly, I'll show you lot my other messings-around with Herring...

I first started out by making some funny, herring-related poster for JVK 7. This one is based on a famous quote from Star Wars, in which Obi-Wan or Han Solo (can't remember who) says 'That's no moon...' about the Death Star (yeah, it's Ep. IV).

In that first picture I tried overlaying the Herring with a Danish flag, to relate it to Denmark somehow, but it didn't work out. Instead, I googled 'Herring' and got this pic of this fella holding a massive Herring, then popped a Danish flag on it. Ah, fun fun fun.

I wanted to continue with the Herring-Denmark link, so I made this mock-Danish oceanic food web, where all the species are Herrings. I even went on Wikipedia to find the Latin name for Herring. That, my friends, is true devotion.

Then I started making these square, simple .gif-style posters, with a Herring in the middle. This Herring is speaking English.

This one is also speaking English (ha, I bet you thought I was gonna have Herrings in different languages. You're so gullible).

One of my favourites, but it's quite close to the one before it.

It's true you know. It's always Herring. Forget yes and no. Forget maybe. Forget every other word apart from Herring, the one true word. The Herring is the deity.

I was looking through my Downloads folder for stuff to Herring-ise, and I couldn't resist this one, with Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, Kjelf Kirk Kristiansen and some Lego Ambassador. And the Herring, of course. Can you spot the second Herring?

Yeah, it's a bit rude, but it doesn't matter. In the comments, suggest captions for what that bloke in the hat might be saying.

And finally, here is the Herring Truth put into action. Herring answers all.

So, after that mess with Herring, I finished off with the Jåm logo:

This time the Herring actually is from a different country. Ah, fun fun fun. I've also done numerous more MOCs, which you can find on my Photostream ...

The Crimson Permanent Assurance

Neo-1900s car

and a Jeep from Jurassic Park .

~~
Banner: The answer is always Herring.

No comments: