Friday, 19 December 2008

End of school!

Like, YAY!
School ended today! Hooray!
... and other things that rhyme with 'ay'.

Anyways, now it's the holidays, I'd better get back on with The Night Before Christmas. A tough film to make, and now that I'm worried  the ending may not be very satisfactory/sane, everything's gone to pot.

I've started work on Brickspace 2009, with new types of posts and Jørgen's Christmas special comic strip, hopefully a bit shorter than previous JVK comics. I'm really hoping to up the anti at Brickspace in 2009. Hell yeah.

Next up, the Film Festival. Everything's gone a bit quiet, but I'm gonna put up some posters and host a few more assemblies in the Spring term. I think the resources are the only reason preventing the students entering a film, so I've got in touch with Carl Salton-Cox from Beths Grammar School. He started up a huge filmmaking community at Beths, and has got funding from the government for loads of equipment. Hmm...

Ok, now for the body of this post: some cool new pics! I've always been in love with symbols and signs and letters with accents. Now I've discovered the character palette on my computer (my computer never fails to amaze me: the amount of new features I find every day, It's astounding), I've been making up my new characters with accents...
A C double cedilla. For extra smoothness on that c. Normal cedillas turn 'c's into 's's, as in 'ç', but this s sound is much smoother and more 'relaxed'. Very hard to pronounce.
A Z Cedilla. Basically, a soft 'z'. When pronounced, it sounds pretty much like an s, but a bit harsher. Like a snake, y'know?

A harsh 'v'/'f' sounding letter. One of my few completely new letters, and not just ones with different or made-up accents on. The Vrenda sounds like a cross between a V and an f: a harsh, spitting sound that you may need to scrunch your face up for.

The sthent is the sound that people make who have a lisp. So, this letter, the 's', will sound like a 'th', as in, for example, 'thnake' instead of 'snake'. This letter is a way of simplifying the 's/c - th lisp' without actually writing out the th.

The sthent is the sound that people make who have a lisp. So, this letter, the 'c', will sound like a 'th', as in, for example, 'thentury' instead of 'century'. This letter is a way of simplifying the 's/c - th lisp' without actually writing out the th.

The Efnet, the symbol for the Efnar part of my extended ElectroMagnetic Spectrum. The Efnet is a letter that was once used in the alphabet of an extinct language, but now is just used to symbolise things, like Alpha, Beta and Gamma are. The old language used to pronounce it like 'huurf'.
This is the symbol for Baevern Visible Light, a section of my Extended ElectroMagnetic Spectrum just to a higher wavelength of Radio. It is the visible light wavelength on the planet Baevern. The B in this symbol sports one of my lovely 'slurs': the twelfth letter of the Baevern Alphabet, slurs are used to make the sound of a letter much smoother, much more, well, slurred. As if you were drunk, let's say. You get two types of Slurs: this one is called a topward slur. There is also another type of Slur called a longward Slur: basically a tilde/enye underneath a letter. You can also get Slur-strokes on 'O's and 'A's.

1 comment:

NegATegALegIE said...

how does this palette thingy u keep talking about actually work?
and the 'extended EM spectrum'??!