Thursday, 9 October 2008

Some quotes

Some of the best quotes I have found from the internet, by my favourite famous people:

M.C Escher:

I do not use drugs. My dreams are frightening enough.

A woman once rang me up and said, "Mr. Escher, I am absolutely crazy about your work. In your print — Reptiles — you have given such a striking illustration of reincarnation." I replied, "Madam, if that's the way you see it, so be it."

He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check.

Originality is merely an illusion.

Talent and all that are really for the most part just baloney. Any schoolboy with a little aptitude can perhaps draw better than I; but what he lacks in most cases is that tenacious desire to make it reality, that obstinate gnashing of teeth and saying, "Although I know it can't be done, I want to do it anyway".


Alfred Hitchcock

Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.

One of television’s great contributions is that it brought murder back into the home, where it belongs.

Self-plagiarism is style

It's only a movie, and, after all, we're all grossly overpaid....

To a distraught mother who said her daughter was so scared by the shower scene in Psycho that she would no longer shower:"Then, Madam, I suggest you have her dry cleaned."

When an actor comes to me and wants to discuss his character, I say, 'It's in the script.' If he says, "But what's my motivation?" I say, 'Your salary.'


Douglas Adams

I wrote an ad for Apple Computer: 'Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.'

Technology is a word that describes something that doesn't work yet.

In fact, I wanted to be John Cleese and it took some time to realize the job was in fact taken.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they go by.

Getting a movie made in Hollywood is like trying to grill a steak by having a succession of people coming into the room and breathing on it.

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."


Steven Spielberg

The most expensive habit in the world is celluloid, not heroin, and I need a fix every few years.

On winning the Ocsar for Best Director for Saving Private Ryan:"Am I allowed to say I really wanted this?"

Once a month the sky falls on my head, I come to, and I see another movie I want to make.

No comments: