Friday, 10 October 2008

A few Kafka quotes


A few quotes from Franz Kafka:
The meaning of life is that it stops.

Truth is indivisible, hence it cannot recognize itself; anyone who wants to recognize it has to be a lie.

One tells as few lies as possible only by telling as few lies as possible, and not by having the least possible opportunity to do so.

In the struggle between yourself and the world, back the world.

The whole visible world is perhaps nothing more than than the rationalization of a man who wants to find peace for a moment. An attempt to falsify the actuality of knowledge, to regard knowledge as a goal still to be reached.

Paths are made by walking.

Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you anymore.

My life is hesitation before birth.

What have I in common with Jews? I have hardly anything in common with myself.

No comments: